Monday, April 8, 2019

THE INCREDIBLE HULK

The Incredible Hulk (film) poster.jpg

  • First time seeing it
  • Some fine action scenes
  • I enjoy Edward Norton very much as an actor. However, he doesn't often play likable. From the Marvel movies I've seen, and what I know of the franchise, they traffic in likability and charisma, to the point that I've already decided I need to come up with some synonyms for those words. It's hard to imagine Edward Norton interacting with the charisma-bombs who appear in the later movies. Ruffalo definitely fits in better
  • On the flip side, I really don't think Liv Tyler is a good actor at all. I liked her in That Thing You Do. She was fine in The Strangers. I haven't seen Armageddon though, so, grain of salt
  • Evil Tim Roth Hulk was kind of cool looking at the end, exposed bones and all, but...
  • In thinking about committing myself to a viewing of all the Marvel movies I've been worried about CGI overload, and it's already hitting me. There's something I find so ineffectual and boring about CGI, and I'm not entirely sure why that is, since animated movies can have a big impact on me. Is there something about real actors and settings being juxtaposed against CGI that pulls me out of it? Is there a particular way the Marvel movies use CGI that doesn't do it for me? I'm curious what other people have to say about CGI and the special effects in general in the Marvel movies
  • It does have to be said, the Hulk doesn't always look great in this one
  • Liked Tony Stark showing up at the end, although the version we watched had that as a pre-credits scene instead of post-credits. For the longest time I really didn't think this movie was an official part of the MCU, but that scene clinched it
  • People who have seen both, how does this compare to Ang Lee/Eric Bana's version?

No comments:

Post a Comment