Sunday, June 16, 2019

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

 Captain America The Winter Soldier poster.jpg

  • First time seeing it
  • This movie has the best fight scenes, the best car stunts, the best explosions, and the best gun play of any Marvel movie so far. In fact, it stands pretty tall among action movies in general
  • This is a very serious movie, with not much levity. While this tone hasn't worked for me with other movies in the franchise up to now, in this case the plot and the action thoroughly engrossed me. I like my Marvel movies with some humour, but I appreciated this movie's purity of intent
  • After this one, the only future movies I've already seen are the two Guardians and Black Panther. I believed the Nick Fury death, not knowing for sure if he appeared in later movies. Having said that, I did feel a little gullible when the truth was revealed
  • It was great to see Nick Fury get to be a badass
  • The practical effects were so well done in this movie that I was a little disappointed by the CGI-heavy climax. It was still entertaining, there was some good stuff in there, but I'd take the elevator fight scene or the attack on Nick Fury over the high-flying spectacle of infiltrating the airships. I'll always appreciate and prefer practical effects. It's partly why Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my favourite movies of all time
  • That Robert Redford can rock a suit, boy
  • Samuel L. Jackson: "Director override. Fury, Nicholas J." Mark: "What does the 'J' stand for?" Ashley: "Jizz."

No comments:

Post a Comment